It's likely you already know that the majority of internet traffic now comes from mobile devices.This is particularly relevant as voice search becomes the most popular type of query. Your site must be optimised for mobile and tablet view, with active, easy to see and access phone and email contact points.
A responsive site will give as good an experience on mobile and tablet as it does on desktop. Google preferences good user experience on all platforms - your site must deliver well across all machines.
Our journalists sites are built mobile first:
- the grid view packs down easily to appear on mobile
- clearly visible phone no and contact points
- integration with social media
- flexible content areas using posts, which are easy to build on the go to do double duty on your site to fit on home page, about page and your blog page
- lightweight theme using a drag and drop builder which is easy to manage on mobile
- dedicated wordpress hosting which specialises in delivering fast, lightweight sites, securely.
- sitemaps to direct google bots to navigate through
All of these things are essential to responsiveness and responsiveness is essential to getting google to index you - the google bots like to get in and out easily and efficiently, checking that users will experience the same ease of service.